Energy Company Obligation (ECO) funding is provided by the larger energy companies,
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a requirement for the main energy suppliers in the UK to fund domestic refurbishment that will reduce carbon emissions and fuel bills to the tune of £1.3 billion per year. It runs alongside the Green Deal, offering additional funding for more expensive improvements - projects can be financed through Green Deal loans, ECO funding, or both.
The total amount of ECO fund available to you depends on your energy supplier, which you are fully entitled to change should you be offered a better deal by another.
It is available in England, Scotland and Wales and comprises:
Carbon Saving Obligation/Carbon Emissions Reduction Obligation
Carbon Saving Communities Obligation
Affordable Warmth/Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation
- Child Tax Credit (with an annual income of £15,860 or less)
- Pension Credit
- Income Support/Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance/ Income-related Employment and Support Allowance PLUS one of the following additional conditions:
o In receipt of Disabled Child Premium/Disability Premium/Pensioner Premium
o In receipt of child tax credit, that includes a disability or severe disability element
o Have responsibility for a child under 16, or under 20 if in full-time secondary education or training equivalent, who lives at the property
o In receipt of a work related activity or support component (Income-related employment and support allowance only).
- Working Tax Credit (with an annual income of £15,860 or less) PLUS one of the following:
o Have responsibility for a child under 16, or under 20 if in F/T secondary education or training equivalent, who lives at the property
o Receive a disabled worker element or severe disability element
o Be aged 60+
- To be considered for free boiler replacement, your boiler will need to be over 8 years old and have a technical fault.
- To qualify for cavity wall insulation, your walls will need to be easy to treat, i.e. be over 50mm wide and rubble-free.
- To qualify for loft insulation, your loft area cannot be boarded and must currently have a maximum of 150mm insulation.
To check your eligibility and apply for this funding, contact the Energy Saving Advice Service on 0300 123 1234